Tuesday, July 11, 2023 | 12:00 PM to Tuesday, August 29, 2023 1:30 PM
Join the Museum, in partnership with the New York Public Library’s Thomas Yoseloff Business Center, for an eight-part virtual series on investing. Designed to lead you through basic investment concepts, the series aims to provide participants with a greater understanding of what professional investors look for when reviewing stocks, bonds, mutual funds and options.
The speakers include investment specialists from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), distinguished professors and Wall Street investment professionals.
The series begins on Tuesday, July 11 at 12 noon and continues each Tuesday at noon through August 29. Each program will build on the knowledge you have gained in the previous session! Or participants are welcome to register for individual programs.
Register for each program separately by going to:
- July 11 at 12 Noon The Business of Personal Finance: How to Improve Financial Wellness Joseph Calandro, Jr. discusses how to effectively understand and manage personal finances, avoid debt and build for the future, using straightforward tools and techniques developed in conjunction with business economics.
- July 18 at 12 Noon Investing in Stocks: Analysis Join Prof. James Kelly, Director of the Gabelli Center for Global Security Analysis at Fordham University, for a discussion of investment terms and concepts that Wall Street analysts utilize when they recommend stocks.
- July 25 at 12 Noon An Introduction to Investing In Stocks Gerri Walsh, President of the FINRA Investor Foundation, discusses different types of stocks and how to assess whether a given stock is right for you.
- August 1 at 12 Noon Investing in Bonds Join Prof. Sris Chatterjee, Gabelli Chair in Global Security Analysis at Fordham University, for an introduction to bonds and bond terminology and learn about relationship between bond prices and interest rates and other important risks when purchasing bonds
- August 8 at 12 Noon Economic and Investment Outlook Anna Wong, Chief US Economist for Bloomberg Economics, reviews current economic reports, investment market indicators and the investment implications of each.
- August 15 at 12 Noon Understanding Mutual Funds & ETFs Join Suzanne McGovern and Christopher Bellacicco from the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to discover what you should know about mutual funds and ETFs before investing.
- August 22 at 12 Noon Equity Options – Core Concepts and Terms Join us for a discussion on key concepts and terminology to keep in mind before investing with options.
- August 29 at 12 Noon Origins of the Capital Markets Using original documents from the Museum of American Finance’s vast collection, MoAF President David Cowen showcases the plan that Alexander Hamilton created to build the US financial system.