Grade Levels: High School, College
Program Duration: 45 minutes
This course demonstrates for students why being financially savvy helps them gain a competitive advantage in the workplace and in life. Topics include practical information about banking, budgeting, credit, and building financial disciplines that prepare young people for managing their money as they enter the working world.
- Setting goals for the short-term and long-term
- The basics of making a budget
- Using on-line tools to gain an advantage
- Determining banking needs and using bank products
- The importance of credit and managing credit (the role of credit reports and credit scores)
- Using credit cards responsibly
This course is taught by Suzanne Matthews. Suzanne is principal of Finance in Focus Co., a training and consulting practice dedicated to delivering financial education programs to the workplace and community.