Museum Unveils New Signage

June 25, 2010

The entrance to the Museum at 48 Wall Street is now flanked by beautiful floating glass signs that increase the Museum's visibility while maintaining the architectural integrity of the building's 1929 design.

The signs, designed by C&G Partners, are constructed of translucent glass with brass letters, allowing people to view the building's original plaques reading "The Bank of New York Founded 1784" behind the Museum's signs. The NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the designs of the signs in 2009, and they were installed in June 2010.